It’s funny. Nothing ever really works out the way you plan, or the way you’d like it to. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Sometimes people you think are good turn out to be bad. Sometimes things that you would swear are real, turn out to be make believe.
However, I will always stand by this; things have a way of working themselves out for the very best. Life has a way of surprising you, and with the right attitude, and a little bit of gumption, any bad situation can be turned on its head, and end up being the best thing that ever happened to you.
With every situation in life we are given the opportunity to learn and to grow. To rise above.
Every day I am amazed at the resilience that we as people are capable of in the face of tragedy or adversity.
I know a lot of people that think that they are lost. Whether they are willing to admit it or not, you can look at them and see it. They’re all searching for something.
People spend a lot of time searching, I think. They spend a lot of time playing parts, trying to find something that feels right. Trying to do what they think is right. Trying to be who they think they’re supposed to be. They’re looking for some kind of acceptance, or acknowledgement. They’re searching, and they think that they’re lost because they’re not finding anything. They come up empty handed. They feel disappointed, let down, and convince themselves that there is something else that they need to make them happy, some material something that they need to feel good. To be happy. To be better.
I think that we make our own happiness. I think that they’re searching for something that doesn’t exist because they’ve allowed themselves to be beaten down by their misfortune rather than finding pride in their strength in overcoming it.
A bad situation is sad. It’s unfortunate. But its one situation. Its one fleeting, passing, still sad, but temporary moment, in a series of innumerable moments that make up your life.
A bad attitude however, is far more tragic.
Make the conscious decision to be happy. Find your silver linings. They’re there. I promise. You don’t need anything else. We are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for. We are all capable of so much, we just get distracted searching for other solutions that we don’t see that we are able to create our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment